5 Steps to Creating a Great Website
The purpose of this document is to make it easier to understand and plan for the development and setup of your new website. We will help you through this entire process and make it as painless as possible.
- Decide on a domain name. It doesn’t have to be your company name but should reflect your business and it should be as short and simple as possible. Ask friends for ideas or make a list of words that describe your business and try arranging them into a domain name.
- Register your name with a Domain Registrar. We use GoDaddy/Wild West for our customers because of the wide range of products they provide and their excellent tech support. Domain registration is $14.95 a year. You can check to see if the domain name you want is available by going to the Central Tech Solutions/Wild West website here – http://goo.gl/TZt9P. You will need to set up an account when you find the name you want to register. If you already have a domain name registered you can choose to leave it where it is or move it to Wild West. If you register your domain with Wild West our hourly fee is $50 instead of $60 for web development.
- Purchase a website hosting plan. We suggest doing this at the same time you register your domain name (you get a discount on the domain name fee). Hosting plans through Wild West start at $9.95 a month. The website hosting plan will be part of the account you set up to register your domain name.
- Website design & development. Our basic business website starts at $400 ($50/hr x 8 hours) if you are using Wild West for your domain registration & hosting. If you use your own registrar it will be $480 ($60/hr x 8 hours).For your basic business website Central Tech will use your logo and preferred colors to create a theme for your website. We will assist you in registering your domain and getting hosting purchased, setting up and using email accounts, setting up the WordPress software on your website, uploading your theme, setting up the main page and contact form, and training you on updating your website. We will also help with your social media setup if needed.
If you would like a more custom design or flash animation as part of your website we can assist you with that. If you need any other specialty items added the additional time will be billed at $50/hr for Wild West customers or $60/hr for all other customers. We can also set up e-commerce sites, directory sites, auction sites, plus most other specialty sites.
- Website content. The software we use make it very easy for anyone to create, update and delete content on their website. We have step by step documentation that will help you with this. If you prefer we can put all your content on the website after you get it written for an additional fee. If you need graphics for your website our partner Mike The Graphics Guy would be glad to help.
Download this document (requires Adobe Reader) Central Tech Website Planning